Natalie A. Giarratano
- Content, copy, layout, and proofreading editor with over four years of experience in-house.
- Specializes in scholarly writing, including poetry, creative nonfiction, fiction, and literary criticism (and hybrids of these).
- Also experienced with theses and dissertations edited to a university’s formatting standards and familiar with sub-genres, such as epic fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, and memoir.
- Proficient with several publishing styles, including Chicago, MLA, and APA.
- Experience with layout of books of poetry and fiction enhances understanding of design principles.
- Having been both editor and published writer helps understanding of writers’ needs.
- Capable of editing and proofreading electronically or by hand.
- All issues of Pilot Light: A Journal of 21st Century Poetics & Criticism, Co-Founder and Co-Editor
- SAT Vocabulary Lightning
- We Agreed to Meet Just Here by Scott Blackwood (for New Issues Poetry and Prose)
- Theories of Falling by Sandra Beasley (for New Issues)
- Please by Jericho Brown (for New Issues)
- The Translator’s Diary by Jon Pineda (for New Issues)
- Ph.D. in English Literature and Creative Writing and MFA in Creative Writing, Western Michigan University.
- MA and BA in English, University of North Texas.
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Big Thicket Blues, poetry collection forthcoming in 2017 from Sundress Publications.
- Leaving Clean, published in 2013 by Briery Creek Press (Winner of the 2013 Liam Rector First Book Prize in Poetry).
- Recent poems appear in Sakura Review, Tupelo Quarterly, TYPO, Black Tongue Review, American Literary Review, and Beltway Poetry, among others.
- Poem “New Coyote” was selected by D.A. Powell for Best New Poets 2011 and also won the 22nd Ann Stanford Prize in Poetry in 2011.
- Herbert Scott Award in Poetry, 2008.
- Editorial Freelancers Association